Drum Crusher / In-Drum Compactor
Part of Benko Products 'Sahara' line of Drum Handling Equipment
Drastically reduce drum disposal costs..
Save space by crushing empty steel drums or compacting dry waste into 55 gallon drums.
This drum crusher and in-drum compactor crushes drums into easily managed 4" 'pancakes', capable of being removed with an easy-to-use forklift.
Reliable and simple to operate, our drum crushers can also be customized if needed.
Cost Effective • Innovative Designs
Built to Last
Drum Compactor Specifications
The Sahara Drum Crusher / In-Drum Compactor has many unique features:
• 60,000 lbs. compacting force reduces drums to 4" pancakes
• Rugged, full enclosed compaction chamber
• Automatic, push-button controls
• Safety interlock prevents operation when door is open
• Second compaction head quickly converts drum crusher to in-drum compactor
• Location plate keeps drums centered in chamber
• Forklift pockets allow for easy removal of heavy, compacted drums
• Large feed area accepts even 5-gallon pails for in-drum compacting
• Can be used indoors or outside
Interior: 30"W x 30"D x 48"H
Exterior: 43"W x 38"D x 117.5"H
• 10 h.p.
• 3 phase, 60 Hz / 208-240-480
• 60,759 lbs.
• 2,150 p.s.i. system pressure
Explosion-Proof Model (XP)
• Suitable for use in Class 1, Div 1 hazardous areas
• Non-sparking compaction chamber with 1/4" aluminum lined walls, floor, and platen
• Explosion-proof motor
• Explosion-proof controls housed in a NEMA 7/9 enclosure
2,500 lbs (2,800 lbs. XP model)
Shipped completely assembled.
Set in place and hook up power supply.
• Remote operator station
• Drip pan
• Platen spike
• 575 v. 380 v. available